There are two ways to earn an Army Senior Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) scholarship:
For high school juniors planning on applying to Princeton University: If you are a high school junior planning on applying to Princeton University, you can apply for a four-year National High School Army ROTC scholarship that will cover tuition and fees. To learn more information you can contact us at (609) 258-4225, or visit the goarmy.com link below for application details and deadlines.
For students already attending Princeton University: There are campus based full tuition and fees scholarships offered by Princeton University Army ROTC for qualified students that join the Army ROTC program as cadets. All cadets must be enrolled as full-time students at the University and participate in ROTC activities.
In addition to the scholarships, all contracted cadets (National Scholarship or Campus based) receive a monthly subsistence stipend and a yearly book stipend. The monthly subsistence stipend ranges from $300 per month for freshmen to $500 per month for seniors. The book stipend is standardized at $600 per semester.
Requirements for scholarship consideration are as follows:
- be a U.S. citizen
- be between the ages of 17 and 26
- have a GPA of at least 2.50
- have a high school diploma or equivalent
- score a minimum of 1000 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
- meet Army physical standards
- agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard)
If you are a Princeton University admitted student interested in Army ROTC, or you wish to learn more about qualifying for an Army ROTC scholarship, please contact our office at (609) 258-4225. Additional Financial Aid information can be found at: